Expressions of Interest for the 2023-24 Volunteer Grants Opportunity is now open.
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 are available to eligible not-for-profit community organisations. This funding is to be used to:
- purchase eligible small equipment items for use by volunteers
- contribute to volunteer's fuel costs, during the course of their volunteer work
- contribute to transport costs for volunteers with disability who are unable to drive
- assist with the cost of training courses for volunteers
- undertake background checks for volunteers
- conduct activities to promote awareness of, and increase participation in, volunteering opportunities
- adapt practices to support volunteers' safety
You must spend the grant funding within the activity period, which commences on execution of the agreement and concludes on 30 June 2025.
To be eligible to apply you must be an organisation that has been nominated by your Federal MP, received an invitation to apply through GrantConnect and:
- be a legal and eligible entity
- be an unincorporated association that agrees to the primary contact on your application entering into an agreement on behalf of the Unincorporated Association
- have a minimum of 40% of volunteers working for your organisation
- be a not-for-profit organisation
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have a bank account with an Australia financial institution in the name of the organisation applying.
and be one of the following entity types:
- Indigenous Corporation
- Corporate State or Territory Entity
- non-corporate State or Territory Entity
- non-corporate State or Territory Statutory Authority
- Incorporated Association
- Statutory Entity and
- be willing and legally able to enter into a grant agreement with the Commonwealth.
Before applying for the Expression of Interest, and for more information, you must read the Grant Opportunity Guidelines, which can be found here.
Please note: Your organisation must be located and primarily operate in the electorate of McMahon in order to be eligible. If you're unsure, please check the electorate map here.
Applications close Wednesday 20 September 2023.