The Powering Communities Program supports community organisations to improve their energy efficiency practices and lower their energy bills with funding of $67,700 available to each federal electorate of grants between $5,000 and $12,000.
Grant funding will be up to 100 per cent of eligible project costs. Applicants must fund any expenditure over the grant amount they are awarded and should schedule to complete the project by 30 June 2022.
Eligible projects include:
- Install a rooftop solar PV system.
- Install batteries to connect to a new or existing solar PV system.
- Replace split-system air conditioners or window air conditioners with new, more efficient split-system units
- Replace a rooftop packaged air conditioner with a multi-split system
- Replace a gas or electric hot water heater for changeroom showers with a heat pump unit, gas-boosted solar heater or electric-boosted solar heater
- Install automatic controllers to automatically switch off the lights when the building security system is armed
- Install occupancy sensors to set back the temperature in a community centre meeting room between meetings
- Replace commercial fridges or cool room components
- Replace non-LED lighting in a community building, car park or sports facility with LED lighting
- Replace a non-induction cooktop with an induction cooktop.
Projects that the grants can’t fund include:
- Install double-glazing, shade sails, kitchen or bathroom renovations, extensions to the building, changes to the building layout
- Build a shed to house batteries
- Purchase a vehicle
- Purchase washing machines, driers or domestic refrigerators.
More information on the grant can be found here.
Please note: EOIs must be received by my office before 5pm Friday 30th of June 2021.